When you have braces, it’s very important to make sure you are brushing and flossing properly after every meal in order to keep your teeth and gums healthy throughout your orthodontic treatment. If you need help choosing the right toothbrush, toothpaste or dental floss, we will be happy to help you make the proper selection.
Brushing with Braces Instructions
- Step 1: Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gum.
- Step 2: Brush gently in a circular motion.
- Step 3: Brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
- Step 4: Use the tip of your brush for the inner surface of your front teeth.
Flossing with Braces Instructions
- Step 1: Using a piece of floss about 18 inches long, carefully thread the end between braces and wire. You may find a floss threader helpful.
- Step 2: Carefully floss around the braces.
- Step 3: Carefully floss around the gum areas.
- Step 4: Carefully floss around each tooth.